The Direct Commerce platform features a robust, scaleable architecture upon which our entire suite of products and services is based. Built for the Internet using current and emerging standards such as XML, XSL and Java application servers, the Direct Commerce technology enables customers to interact with their business partners in a timely, efficient manner. Because we specialize in the management of inter-enterprise transactions in the form of an Application Service Provider (ASP), we can offer our customers best-of-breed solutions with fast delivery and minimal impact on their IT departments.
The Direct Commerce platform offers our customers the following features:
- ASP Model - DCI-hosted applications offer state-of-the-art business solutions using the latest technology, without investment in additional IT resources, allowing you to focus on core competencies.
- Security - We assure secure operation through the use of secure end-to-end network encryption; Hardened security gateways; Active threat detection; Authorization required for all system requests. Optionally, customers may choose to implement the use of Client Certificates, SecurID or Biometrics for enhanced security.
- Controlled environment - Continuous logging and auditing of all business and system events are performed to track system activity. We use a common error handling methodology across all applications so that errors are reported and handled consistently.
- Performance - DCI ensures speed and capability through the optimal integration of powerful, high-end platform components. The system is modeled to handle maximum users at peak operating times through the use of distributable technologies at every platform tier.
- Reliability - All platform components are designed with redundancy and failover in mind. Systems and applications are designed to eliminate single points of failure.
- High Availability - The DCI System is available 7x24 with advance notice given for scheduled maintenance windows. DCI provides around the clock network monitoring, failure notification and escalation.
- Scalability - The DCI platform design supports the addition of capacity in advance of demand. All components are designed to support the expansion of the customer base and increased workloads.
- Extensibility - The DCI architecture supports the integration of additional DCI products and features as well as third party products.
- Configurability - Dynamic configuration of applications is possible without modification of the code base. We have built our system knowing that while general problems in automating AP/AR processes are similar in many companies, many details such as company workflow, look and feel, and document structures need to be configurable to accommodate specific company needs.
- Standards support - We support and encourage the use of industry-standard technologies. We actively contribute to standards-setting bodies such as Sandia Labs and the ANSI X.12 Committees, and we publish detailed specifications for interfaces into our systems so customers can choose the access methods that match them best.
Furthermore, at Direct Commerce, we believe that open standards help move industries forward by allowing companies to adopt common standards as their own. In turn, these companies are able to leverage their resources more effectively in managing their data and working with partners. To this end, Direct Commerce actively promotes and supports several key open standards initiatives such as Sandia Labs' Electronic Invoicing and Electronic Payment Information Task Force. We played a key role in helping Sandia present an electronic invoice standard to the ANSI X.12 Comittee. We also publish detailed specifications of the interfaces into our systems so that customers can choose how they would like to interact with our platform.